About Collatz ConjectureCollatz is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in mathematics. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
Collatz Conjecture is based in Wood Dale, Illinois.
It is privately managed BOINC project attempting to disprove the Collatz Conjecture. For more information about the Collatz
Conjecture, check out the
Collatz page. The Collatz Conjecture project makes use of the
parity sequence optimization and runs on Linux, Windows, and OS X and can utilize CPUs as well as AMD, nVidia, and Intel graphics cards.
See the results gathered to date
System RequirementsYou must have an OpenCL driver installed for your CPU or video card that is recognized by the BOINC client in order to run OpenCL versions of the application. CUDA 4.0 (Linux) or CUDA 5.5 (Windows) is required to run non-OpenCL nVidia applications. AMD CAL 1.4 is supported for pre-HD7xxx AMD GPUs. All other AMD GPUs must have OpenCL capable drivers installed. Both standalone (single core non-OpenCL) CPU and OpenCL (multiple core) CPU applications exist. Set your preferences to omit either, neither, or both.
- BOINC 5.0 or later for CPU tasks
- BOINC 7.0.28 or later for OpenCL GPU tasks on AMD, nVidia, or Intel GPUs
- BOINC 7.2.21 or later for OpenCL CPU tasks
- For OpenCL CPU Processing:
- OS X 10.7 or later (no additional OpenCL driver necessary)
- For Linux and Windows, either the Intel or AMD OpenCL driver is required.
- For Windows, the most recent Visual Studio 2012 C++ runtime
- For GPU processing:
- AMD Radeon HD 4800 or later graphics card with OpenCL support
- Intel HD 2500 or later embedded GPU with Intel OpenCL driver
- nVidia 8400 GS or later graphics card with recent nVidia driver
- OpenCL Drivers are available from:
Join Collatz Conjecture
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Add Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Server status
- Teams - create or join a team
- Optimized Applications
- Today's High Steps