About Collatz ConjectureCollatz is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in mathematics. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
Collatz Conjecture is based in Wood Dale, Illinois.
It is privately managed BOINC project attempting to disprove the Collatz Conjecture. For more information about the Collatz
Conjecture, check out the
Collatz page. The Collatz Conjecture project makes use of the
parity sequence optimization and runs on Linux, Windows, and OS X and can utilize CPUs as well as AMD, nVidia, and Intel graphics cards.
See the results gathered to date
System RequirementsAll applications now use OpenCL. You must have an OpenCL driver installed for your CPU or video card that is recognized by the BOINC client.
- BOINC 7.0.28 or later for GPU tasks, BOINC 7.2.21 or later for CPU tasks
- For CPU Processing:
- OS X 10.7 or later (no additional OpenCL driver necessary)
- For Linux and Windows, either the Intel or AMD OpenCL driver is required.
- For GPU processing:
- AMD Radeon HD 2400 or later graphics card with AMD CAL or OpenCL support
- Intel HD 2500 or later embedded GPU with Intel OpenCL driver
- nVidia 8400 GS or later graphics card with recent nVidia CUDA 5.5 or OpenCL driver
- OpenCL Drivers are available from:
- AMD Video Driver - Caution: The HD 4770 and 48xx GPUs require the Legacy AMD Catalyst driver which is NOT the same as the current AMD Catalyst driver.
- AMD APP SDK v2.8 - for CPUs if no AMD video driver is installed and the processor is either an AMD or does not support SSE4.1
- nVidia Video Driver
- Intel OpenCL SDK and/or Runtime - requires Intel Core processor with SSE4.1
Join Collatz Conjecture
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Add Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Server status
- Teams - create or join a team
- Optimized Applications
- Today's High Steps